The other day, I received a few great coupons in the mail - JCPenney's sent me a $10 off $10 purchase and a $10 off $25 purchase. Great deal! Most all my Christmas shopping was complete, but I thought I'd get a few things for the house with it. The next day, I received the CASA newsletter. They were looking for volunteers to "adopt" some foster kids for the holidays - to buy them some clothes and socks and such (they are working with another organization to provide toys).
Anyway, I instantly saw that the money was better spent that way.
I went to the CASA office and asked for a kid. I said I didn't care about age or whether it was a boy or girl. Wouldn't you know it ... I got a 6-month-old girl! Picking out clothes for a baby girl, does it get any better than that?
I picked out a warm snow suit (pink with pandas on it), two one-piece long outfits, and a cute pair of pants and long shirt (it says, "A Star is Born."). Also, I got 12 pairs of socks. Bobby socks! Socks with pink polkadots! Socks with pink and purple stripes! I almost got a set dressy socks too (the white ones with the BIG ruffles of lace), but I figured more practical items were a better choice.
Moose was very well behaved in the store and carried the socks to check out (while I carried him and everything else).
Between sales and coupons, I bought more than $120 of stuff for $26. Thanks, JCPenney's.
If you are in the area and would like to adopt a child currently in the system, check out Child Advocates for details.
12.09.2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I love deals like the one you got at JCPenney. Did you see the coupon for $5 off of $5 or more at Hallmark?
ReplyDeletehttp://www.hallmark.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/article%7C10001%7C10051%7C/HallmarkSite/GoldCrownStores/GCS_HOLIDAY_COUPON?mc=BAE_P_GC_SRCH_COUPON
That is awesome. I got your card last week....everyone is growing up!
ReplyDelete