11.30.2009

Thanksgiving

We traveled a few hours southwest to spend Thanksgiving with friends (House of Dogs, they used to live here). The dinner and company were both fabulous. The town they live in is a similar size to ours, but it seems a bit nicer. There is no expressway shadowing an abandoned downtown. There are no empty strip malls. Yes, their town and base make a much better first impression. I tell you, every time I go somewhere else ... I am less and less impressed with this crappy place (which, ironically, has the highest cost of living anywhere in Texas - nice, huh?). They have a new baby, Liam, who was about three weeks old. Oh, he was cute. He also slept. I hardly remember those days.

We did our "Black Friday" shopping on Thursday. I got great deals at Walgreens and CVS. I bought some unnecessary things at Michaels as well. I know there quite a few "doorbusters" at several stores, but I get the impression that a lot of stores have been running great deals for a while now ... so I didn't see anything worth getting up at 4 a.m. for. For those of you who did so, though, good for you :)

We had friends over Saturday night, three couples. We had a babysitter at House of Trees (right next door) and the adults came here. We ate (Mrs. House of Trees brought the turkey, cookies, and punch and I made lots of sides) and played board games (where the girls dominated). It was both great and a little weird to be hanging out without kids running around. We gathered the kids at 10:30, and they were pretty messed up Sunday from the lack of sleep. Moose went down for a nap around 9:30 and didn't wake up till 2.

Our shopping is a bit brisk this year. The bathroom has eaten away most all our extra funds (poor timing on our part, I guess). As of yesterday night, all the tile (aside from the trim) is up! So, just need the trim tile up and grout and a coat of paint ... and need to purchase a frame for the mirror and the above-the-toilet cabinet. Lowe's has decided to sell out of the grout color we need (too late to change, floor is already grouted in that color) ... so we sort of need to wait for them to restock. Thanks, Lowes.

My shopping is also becoming brisk ... I think I've been feeding a secret shopping monster lately. I have several bags of things to return and eBay auctions going, though. Hopefully, I even up by Christmas. (Someone tell that damn Cricut Gypsy to stop taunting me with its awesomeness.)

My Christmas cards are ready, but they remain unaddressed. This is usually something I really look forward to, but I'm apparently just not feeling it this year. I need to get this done and get the Christmas shopping done as well. I have quite a few people done, but I have quite a few more to do ... and I also need to get several things packaged up and mailed off.

Not a drop of Christmas in our house yet. There are still pumpkins on the front porch. Husband is working nights this week, so Saturday morning will probably be the earliest we get around to that.

So, it doesn't feel like Christmas, but I won't whine about the sun and nice weather!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Desenvolvido por EMPORIUM DIGITAL