My sweet Moose is sick. A couple weeks ago, he had a cold. I gave him some Tylenol, told him to suck it up, and he seemed to recover.
On Sunday, Moose started coughing - a terrible, barking cough that came complete with fits of coughing he couldn't stop and coughs so hard that he pooped himself ... a lot.
Last night, after a bath, his breathing sounded "Darth Vader-ish" (my exact words to the nurse). He had no fever. The nurse on the phone told me to go to the emergency room ... I really didn't want to. Emergency rooms are dirty and the wait, I find, is usually more painful than whatever you're there for. I went to a Pampered Chef show.
I came home and his breathing still sounded bad, so I took him in. The urgent care clinic was open, so we were able to go there (a small step up, I think, but a step up nonetheless). They did a chest x-ray and a breathing treatment ... diagnosing him with croup and pneumonia. While the PA was writing scripts, I asked her to take a look at his bottom (remember all that pooping?). Yup, a yeast rash.
He got a shot of antibiotics, and I picked up his breathing treatment meds, antibiotics, steroids, and rash cream today. He slept till 8:30 a.m. and is asleep again. You know he's sick, because this child never sleeps.
Bean had croup and pneumonia at the exact same age. They hospitalized him. I'm happy we can treat Moose at home.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Poor baby! Hopefully those meds will do the trick quick!
ReplyDelete