10.24.2009

Bathroom Update

Bathroom demo was going very well till we got to the shower pan. The tile practically fell off the walls and floor. It was fabulous! Then we hit the shower pan, where we found rotten wood and wet concrete ... so we had to jackhammer the sucker out and build a new one from scratch. It's not something we planned on having to do, and it sucks.

Thankfully, there was no mold and the foundation was fine. There was a few spots of rotten wood, but that was it. Husband did some research and, like always, was able to figure it out. Our new one is now drying.

The Shower Pan Fiasco of '09 put us way behind scheduled. Husband took off work, I had child care, and we really thought our new bathroom would be here this weekend ... no such luck. As is, we have a new shower pan and walls.

On the plus side, at least it looks sort of like a room ... it didn't look like that Wednesday night.

House of Toys returns from their Disney World vacation on November 15 - we hope to have it done by then. Maybe Husband can take a couple Tuesdays and Thursdays off and Moose can go to Mother's Day Out and we can bust out the rest of it quickly.

The progress has been like watching paint dry or water boil ... but we'd rather do it right than do it fast.

In nothing-to-do-with-bathroom news ....

Husband and Bean tested out their Halloween costumes on Friday (Bean's school was having a fall carnival), and they were ADORABLE! Their overalls and hats were just perfect.

Bean is wearing his glasses very well. Aside from a moment where he decided to take them off and BASH THEM INTO THE DVD PLAYER, he's done quite well with them. (Seriously, I pulled the car over and yanked him out of his car seat and was pretty livid. Sure, take your $100 glasses and bash them into the $200 DVD player ... OMG! Somehow, I resisted beating him and screaming, but he knows that DVD player will disappear if it ever happens again ... funny thing, the DVD player is rarely even on ... so why he decided to hit it while it was playing Thomas is beyond me.)

I went to garage sales with my neighbor today. I found some fabulous stamping stuff for super-cheap. I also got lots of inexpensive clothes for the boys and a couple toys and puzzles and games. I love other people's junk.

2 comments:

  1. Our DVD player bit the dust today. It still plays, but the picture is completely funky. Next time I'm getting one that Charlie can't reach--he's hard on electronics.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got a sign up in my office that says

    Pick Two:
    - Good
    - Fast
    - Right

    It can be good and fast, but it won't be right. It can be right and fast, but it won't be good, and it can be good and right, but it won't be fast.

    Sounds like you guys are taking the best route! Good luck with the rest of Bathroomfest '09!

    ReplyDelete

 

Desenvolvido por EMPORIUM DIGITAL