Yesterday morning, I said to my husband that we still had quite a few things to buy to start the bathroom renovation on Wednesday. I also asked him if he'd figured out how we were going to do X, Y, and Z. He tells me, "I don't need you freaking out, I need you to be supportive." From where I was standing, I was trying to get the project organized, so we weren't rushed and ignorant when we started it ... that is supportive. Perhaps he would have preferred hot tea and a cheer?
He later tells me that he's been "avoiding" making lists and doing research, because he's not looking forward to doing the bathroom.
So, did he think elves were going to pop into our bathroom and demo and tile? Nice *SA there, Husband. We have A LOT of tile in our garage. And two toilets. A vanity cabinet. A sink.
I twice offered that we could take everything back and just replace the toilets.
So, he had an out.
But he didn't take it.
Will post pictures.
Oh, and he said I could "knock our a couple tiles today." He specified, "A 'couple' means TWO, Melissa. Don't go overboard." Well, then he should have taken the hammers to work with him :)
*SA = Situational Awareness, something the military talks a lot about (the military and women's self-defense classes)
10.20.2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Husband has experience doing this from summers in college and helping his father. Did one bathroom - should of taken a week - took a month. It just takes longer than you think and the bathroom has the most issues of any room in a house. Many unexpected "surprises". I do not blame him for not wanting to start.
ReplyDeleteSo, now I know where he gets it from ... :)
ReplyDeleteOh man--my husband takes forever to complete any home repair--I'd never let him near my bathroom. The handle on our toliet has been broken for four days now. We have the part--we'll see when that project gets done. Meanwhile, I'm stumbling down the hall in the middle of the night when I have to pee.
ReplyDelete