Someone inherited a little issue from his dada.
A couple weeks ago, I put Bean in a long-sleeve shirt and noticed that all his 4T sleeves were about 2" short on him. I picked up a few shirts from The Children's Place, so I thought the issue was resolved.
This week, I put Bean in long pants and noted that all his 4T pants about about 2" too short on him. Tried and true FLOODS. He has two pair of 5s. They run a bit big in the waist, but they stay up. Will need to get to The Children's Place again to score a few more pairs of pants.
He's only 4 and already clothing this child is going to cost us a fortune.
In case you're wondering why I tend to buy most all my children's clothing at The Children's Place: I find the quality of their clothing much better than most any other brand. Since the clothes can be used by Bean and then Moose, it seems worth it to spend a little bit more. Also, I almost always have a coupon with me, so sometimes I actually spend less than I would at Walmart. I'm also happy to pick up any good quality stuff at garage sales. I'm not a clothing snob - seriously, just look at what I wear most days. (Today, I am wearing a t-shirt I got back in college ... which is true for many of my shirts.)
Moose and I made an amazing amount of errand stops today: gas station, ATM, food bank (drop off donation), Kohls (pay bill), Walgreens (score deals), consignment shop (drop off another round of junk to sell), post office (buy stamps), and commissary (buy food). Wow. I can't believe we made it. He started to melt down a little bit at the commissary, but Moose was remarkably good - I could not have done this many with Bean when he was this age (actually, I probably couldn't do this many with Bean now). It's weird how two kids can look exactly alike and just have such different personalities.
Well, it's time to continue the to-do list!
9.30.2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
We are having this same problem. I was so happy that P would be able to wear all of his 2T shirts and pants from last winter. But what do you know, all of the waists are still big on him but the length is about 2 inches too short. Good thing pants have those elastic adjuster things in the waist now. We had to get some 3T items this weekend.
ReplyDeleteI totally get where you are coming from on the brand of clothing. We are also fans of The Children's Place for that same reason. And because both boys will get wear out of them.
I love The Children's Place--they have lots of good deals and I usually do as well there as I would at a discount store. Of course, I'm also a sucker for a really cute, over-priced outfit, which is why I sometimes have to stalk the sale racks at Baby Gap or Gymboree.
ReplyDeleteKaty, we don't have a Baby Gap or Gymboree ... so that saves me :) I bought 5 PJs at The Children's Place the other week for $1.99 each! Good luck finding that sort of deal at Walmart!
ReplyDeleteCourtney, those bands are nice. Bean now needs them on the skinny setting and big ole Moose needs them on the last.
I bought most of Michael's stuff at Children's Place. I like that you can mix and match. He is chunky--so he needed bigger bottoms than tops and you can do that there. Enjoy it now; because when they get older they want AE, Hollister, etc...! I can't believe how much 2.0 looks like 1.0.
ReplyDelete