10.10.2009

All's Quiet

Moose has been down with a cold that past week. He has a terrible cough, but the nurse hotline said that it still just sounds like a cold. I need to watch for a fever or wheezing, but he's fine. He's been sleeping pretty poorly, which mean so has everyone else. I think we're on the tail end of it now.

Bean is doing OK at school. Three green days this week and one blue and one yellow ... all for dumb stuff like, "Not following directions." We have out parent-teacher conference on Tuesday. Umm, I don't even know what to say. (One thing that crosses my mind is, "Listen, lady, I'm not going to apologize for my kid being FOUR. I don't know of a single other adult who has a problem with him except you, so maybe next time you're on his case you should take a good look in the mirror, you harpy freak." I won't say this, but I will think it ... and "freak" will likely be replaced with a much harsher word.)

I just wrapped up several crafting swaps. I don't have anything due till January 2010 now. I'm hosting a couple that are due in November and can't wait to see all the cool creations.

Yesterday, my husband actually got home early!!! After picking Bean up from school, we went on a mission to put together Halloween costumes. We started off at a Goodwill and found a long-sleeve green shirt for Bean and a long-sleeve red shirt for Husband (for $1!). We went to the farm store and got overalls for all three guys (you know my Husband was DYING for a pair of bibs!). Then we hit Salvation Army and scored a great peach 1980s prom dress (for $4.99). Then Hobby Lobby for fleece (to make three hats). Then the party store for white gloves and a crown. Put it all together, and we have Mario, Baby Mario, Luigi, and Princess Peach! I sewed up the hats last night (waiting on a friend to embroider some letters on them) and they turned out great. Bean is wearing his overalls today - he's super excited. I need to make up some jewelry for Peach, but she's coming together ... would be nice to have a long, blond wig for her (but cheap wigs are so nasty, and I'm not up for buying one out of real hair ... so we'll see).

My grandpa and one of his buddies came down for the air show this weekend. They headed out to it this morning with Husband and Bean. Now Moose is asleep on my chest, and I'm hoping to get him in his crib and craft.

Oh, and I am reading I Love a Man in Uniform (it's OK, some parts are better than others. I heard her give a reading on Book TV. Yes, sometimes I watch Book TV. I will say that her description of meeting other officer wives in the beginning is dead on, and I'm relieved I'm not the only one who feels this way) and How to Teach Your Baby to Read (recommended by Bird/Katy. I haven't gotten past the preface yet, but it's fascinating so far. Well written, well researched.). I am also enjoying the new seasons of Desperate Housewives, Brothers & Sisters (though, if it weren't for Kevin and Tommy, I would cease watching this show ... it's getting DUMB), and How I Met Your Mother. Oh, and the new show Modern Family. I also got a big shipment of craft stuff ... so, yeah, I'm busy :) Hope to post pictures soon, though.

1 comment:

  1. Now I'm basically dying to know how she describes the other officer wives. . . Lord knows I had my opinions on that!

    ReplyDelete

 

Desenvolvido por EMPORIUM DIGITAL