On Monday, the House of Toys family stopped by. They were visited family in Michigan. Mrs. House of Toys and I took the boys on the nature trail. We also ate Dunkin Donuts. C. from House of Toys hopped in my car on their way out and decided he'd like to go back to Texas with us. Bean was happy to head to North Dakota with them. Alas, we sorted them out and sent them on their merry way. We'll see them back in Texas in early September.
I headed to the lake this morning. The boys and I checked out the marsh and played at one of the playgrounds for a bit. Moose started eating handfuls of sand, so I figured it was time for lunch. Moose fell asleep and - despite my pleas - Bean was noisy and woke him up. I was/am beyond frustrated with this (really, how many times do I have to say, "Be quiet! Your brother is sleeping!"?). That was two hours ago. He is still not back to sleep. I hear moans from his playpen every once in a while.
Our portable DVD player pooped out on the drive up here. Seriously, the thing pooped out at least half of the time we wanted to use it. Several times we've rebought it and replaced wires (and, um, returned the non-working parts, shh!). This was a different problem entirely. I researched portable DVD players and not a single one has a good reputation and people seem to agree that they have a lifespan of about a year or two (ours was two years old). Target sells a 7" Philips deal that seemed to be the lesser of all evils. People also suggested the $19 3-year warranty (since the manufacter's warranty is only 90 days). The price was right. It's considerably sleeker than the old one - both screens are thin and shiny. The pictures are bright and even the cables are pretty thin. My favorite thing, though (aside from it working) is that it has a clip and not velcro! My hair was always getting stuck on the velco! Oh, happy day. I have low expectations for how long it'll last, but the kids and I are happy today.
Moose is screaming. Still.
Sounds like you figured it out! That warranty will probably get through quite a bit. Enjoy your vacay!
ReplyDeleteEeek! Good luck with the DVD player, I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you that it makes the drive back to TX quite a bit easier, b/c I've gotta say I do not envy you that drive!
ReplyDeleteOh, and for all your insightful comments (and awesome book suggestions!) I've given you an award over on my blog...thanks for keeping me on track!