In less than a month, Bean will return to school. He'll be in PreK-4 all day this year. That's 8 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. Seriously, all day. I have mixed feelings about this. He loves school and learns a lot and really thrives in that sort of group environment. He will be totally fine ... probably better than fine. I, on the other hand, am used to having all three meals with him. I'm used to having him around for most hours of the day. Even when I worked part-time, I was still with him more than I will be starting in August. It's like he doesn't belong to me anymore. Not completely. Not anymore. Part of me is happy about that - he's well-adjusted and happy and smart. It's a compliment to me and Husband ... we've done well enough with him to send him on his way. Geez, this is only PreK-4, not college!
I'll still have Moose at home with me. Maybe. Husband and I are considering putting him in pre-school two days a week for five hours each day. It's only 10 hours a week. I'm a mom that needs her alone time. There are moms that can go-go-go with their kids all day everyday, and I'm glad that works for them, but it doesn't work for me. It's only 10 hours a week. I'm not a bad mom for wanting that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment