7.18.2009

Elusive Frogs

This morning, the kids and I joined my cousins for a frog hunt. The frog hunt is a fundraiser for some local charity or cause (not clear on the details). Anyway, you search a maze of trails for fake frogs and win $25 to $500. We searched for two hours before deciding to eat and drink and play silly, frog-themed games. (Did I mention that I carried a 30-pound Moose for the two hours?) With 30 minutes left of the frog hunt, my cousin Sydney and I decided to roam the trail by ourself. We came up empty handed. It was great to be outside and enjoy the weather and enjoy my little cousins (most of whom really aren't that little anymore). A $500 frog would have sweetened the deal, but it was fun nonetheless.

One great exchange (after my 13-year-old cousin was complaining about not finding any moolah):

Me: Oh, isn't it gift enough that you're outside enjoying a beautiful day?
Sydney: No.
Me: Well, you know, today is a gift, that's why it's called the present.
Sydney: They say your period is a present too, and it's not.

My cousins are all growing up to be quite funny. Earlier in the morning, Kyle (age 11) acted all excited about "something" to lure Bean's interest to something on the side of the trail. The something turned out to be poop. I told Bean to give Kyle a spanking ... Bean happily swatted him a few times.

We also spent yesterday with my cousins, it was Kyle and his twin sister Kyla's birthday. It's been ages since I had a Dairy Queen ice cream cake. Oh my, it was delicious!

My wonderful friend E. came to visit Wednesday through this morning. She brought me Yats and helped wrangle the boys. They really enjoyed having a new (and more patient) face around. E. and I also visited a couple casinos. The high rollers we are, I am up $4 and she is down $21. We went to the beach and the outlet mall ... and Jimmy Johns. I love Jimmy Johns.

I just finished Audition by Barbara Walters. It was great.

One week down and another go.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Desenvolvido por EMPORIUM DIGITAL