7.30.2009

The Other Stuff

OK, we made it back from Indiana. I did the big drive on Monday. It took 16.5 hours - could have taken 30 to 45 minutes less if it wasn't for a few spots of construction. Not bad with two kids in tow!

The DVD player was a success. It worked throughout the entire ride home and still appears in good shape. ::HAPPY DANCE::

I was tired and grumpy Tuesday. There's something about sitting on your butt for an entire day (in a car) that really takes it out of you. My body ached. I am not as young as I used to be.

Yesterday, Wednesday, was also a tough day. Moose refused to nap and screamed for 3.5 hours straight. I went in a few times to ::soothe:: him, but nothing changed and he never fell asleep. We did a walk to the park around 9ish. The air was so sticky that Bean quickly declared, "Mama, let's go home." We only played for about 10 minutes. Also, Moose pooped at least four times yesterday. I stopped counting after that. Four times is at least twice as many as necessary. Husband and I did get to watch The Lucky Ones yesterday evening. He gives it four stars. I agree.

The kids and I ventured to the commissary today. I hoped to wait till tomorrow (when we get paid), but we I couldn't wait. There was no chocolate in the house. I found some cookies in a gift basket my mom sent. It wasn't enough, though. We have produce, so the kids can enjoy something beyond applesauce. I also found a stash of reduced meat off to the side (why do they hide it back there?) - two roasts, eight pounds of ground beef, and two T-bone steaks! So much for eating less beef! I also got some chocolate cereal and Oreos and ice cream. I'm totally in fear of running out again.

I need to do a quick inventory of what we have and get back to menu planning. Oh, the things I missed while not running a household ...

Husband had the house cleaned when I got home. I've been trying to maintain, despite the ultra-helpfulness from 1.0 and 2.0. I even got my car cleaned out from the trip on Tuesday and cleaned out my closet (it's big and there's a lot of crap in it, so it's sort of like cleaning a room) yesterday. My craft room is in desperate need of a good cleaning, but progress is slow-going.

The boys both have well appointments this afternoon. Moose is screaming till then. I'm excited to find out how much he weighs! I'm guessing 28 pounds. Anyone else want to take a guess?

1 comment:

  1. I think he weighs 32. He's a hefty little guy, but I don't carry him around everyday so what do I know?

    ReplyDelete

 

Desenvolvido por EMPORIUM DIGITAL