7.04.2009

My Sweet Moose Turns 1

Dear Moose,

Really? One? Already? While part of me can't believe a year has passed, another part of me can't remember what life was like without you. Since your arrival, you have flawlessly fit into our family. You came home and, with very few exceptions, we didn't miss a beat. You were (and are) a very easy-going guy. You're happy to get dragged along here or there without much of a fuss. In many ways, you made me a much better mom. When your brother was very little (and sometimes still), I felt like I was just surviving him - he's very strong-willed (no clue where he gets that). You, though, are very easy to enjoy.

You adore your big brother (and the feeling is mutual). Seeing you and your brother loving one another is probably my and your dad's greatest joy. Just yesterday, we caught you two holding hands in the backseat of the car. It was the sweetest thing. We know you two will be partners in crime - we wouldn't chose anything else. Your dad and I will probably never completely understand the bond you two will have. The relationship with our siblings is probably much different (separated by many more years and opposite sexes). We're both probably a bit jealous as well. (We will remind both of you how lucky you are as you get older and, undoubtedly, argue much more.)

In the past year, you have gone from a sleeping, grunting (remember the goat noises?) newborn to a crawling, splashing big guy. You also seemed quite serious when you first got here. It took you months to smile ... but now you haven't stopped. So many people call you Smiley and many point out that they've never seen you fuss or cry. (I have, but I also know that I have it pretty easy with you. Bragging about my sweet, easy baby is one of my favorite things to do.)

Happy first birthday, Moose. Now stop growing.

Love,
Mama

3 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Moose!! I, too, can't believe you are one years old either. My time has flown by.

    Now, make your mama happy and stop growing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday Moose!!!! Has it really been a whole year????

    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday Moose. I love the story about them holding hands in the backseat - it's so cute.

    ReplyDelete

 

Desenvolvido por EMPORIUM DIGITAL