So far, it's been a beautiful visit. I scored free Pyrex, then totally spludged at the I Love Toy Trains store on this. I told Bean, "Your dada is going to shoot me." Bean said, "Dada shoot me too." It's probably true, but darn if it isn't a cute train set.
Moose doesn't seem to sleep any better here then he did in Texas or California. He doesn't want to nap, and he doesn't want to go until I go to bed. I will have a nightmare on my hands when we get back to Texas. Can't wait.
Yesterday, I met up with two great friends. I haven't seen Nx since I was pregnant with Bean. Last time I saw T. was right after she had her 2.0 (he's now 2.5) and she's pregnant with her THIRD BOY! Exhaustion overwhelmed me the second she told me it was another boy (not that girls are less exhausting, but I think it's a different exhaustion). But, you know, it'll be nice for the three boys to pal around together. She's excited to take them all snowboarding one day. I scored fresh green beans from T.'s garden. I've been munching on them all day. Her and her husband had a great garden - there's no way I could keep something like that in Texas. One hot day in June would roast everything to a crisp brown.
I also played bingo Saturday night - I didn't win.
Yesterday, Bean ran around with my mom. Rumor has it that he wasn't the most well-behaved kid. Oh, how I love Bean showcasing my excellent parenting skills to my mother.
It's been a lazy day here. Cleaned up a bit, ran off to Target to find a portable DVD player (old one pooped out and Target was sold out of the model I wanted, but they should have more in a week). Ate lunch (Moose ate three pieces of watermelon, about four tablespoons of peas, two strawberries, and two chicken nuggets; Bean ate eight nuggets and a few french fries and four pizza rolls ... this is the most I've ever seen them eat in one sitting). Finally got Moose down for a nap (he did sleep in till 9:30 this morning - after skipping naps almost entirely yesterday and partying until 11 p.m.).
A college friend is headed in to town Wednesday and is staying a few nights. We might also be meeting up with House of Toys next week (ahh, the reunion ... their boys and Bean have not shut up about one another for more than a month ... sometimes Bean gets banned from even saying their names ... no joke, that's how much he talks about them).
Personally, I couldn't think about one. more. child. until Charlie was eighteen months. Right about the same time I realized that I was consistently getting a good night's sleep. Coincidence? I think not!
ReplyDelete