5.24.2009

Dead Birds & More

So, I often complain that my husband works too much ... but there seems to be a distinct difference between him working too much and him being gone completely.

I mowed the day he left, because he didn't. I didn't edge, and it looks quite terrible ... but I haven't had anyone knocking on my door asking to mow it (I had two knocks previously). Regardless, I still have a case of ghetto grass.

There is also a dead bird on the sidewalk.

There was also a dead bird in the play room thanks to Spike (the pug from House of Boys that I'm watching for the weekend) . I picked that one up.

The one on the sidewalk is still there (it's been two days).

I found a roach. A big, ugly roach. The first time I've ever found one in this house. (And before you think I'm the worst housekeeper in the world ... roaches are VERY common in Texas. Like so common that coming across one from time to time is completely normal.)

The front porch light burnt out last night as I turned it on. So, I got to go out in the dark and fix it.

All of these, I suppose, are easy enough to handle ... I just prefer not to.

I also ran out of bread. My milk went sour. I haven't cooked a proper dinner since Wednesday (and I usually cook most every night).

Did I mention that Moose is teething like a crazy person? He actually screams! I've even resorted to Hyland Teething Tablets AND Tylenol together. I even let him feed himself cottage cheese, because he was so antsy about it. I much prefer mess to noise. Let me tell you, cottage cheese is messy. I hoped the dogs would lick it up, but it turns out that neither heelers nor pugs are a big fan of cottage cheese.

I am in big trouble when the time comes for Husband to deploy (which, thankfully, won't happen for a few more years).

In relief news, however, I bought this:Happy early birthday to me.

1 comment:

  1. Very cute bag!!!! I also don't edge, or even know how to work the weed wacker for that matter. But I do mow once a week. :)

    ReplyDelete

 

Desenvolvido por EMPORIUM DIGITAL