4.28.2009

Time Alone (Almost)

Our friends invited us out to the lake with them. They rented a boat and a cabin, and I have to say that I was really looking forward to it. Ultimately, though, I decided to send Husband and Bean alone and stay home with Moose. I really needed some alone time.

Anyway, Husband and Bean headed south this morning. After some hassles with the boat, the boys and our friends got a couple hours on the boat. Unfortunately, no one caught a thing. They were grilling that last time we spoke ... and it's probably for the best I missed all the boat hassles. I don't handle things like that well.

Moose and I had a great day. We met some friends for lunch (seriously, he has a friend, she's about two weeks older than him) and then played at her house for a bit. Then I dragged him to the post office and Hobby Lobby (no big purchase, just picking up some cardstock for my friend's baby announcements). We came home, he napped and I cleaned, then we went for a walk down to another friend's house. He passed out around 9:30.

Husband has actually never spent a night away from Moose - except Moose's first night outside the womb.

This morning, Husband reported that Bean said, "Dada, [Moose] smiles like this." and proceeded to open his mouth very, very big. Ha ha. So true!

In other news, we watched Slumdog Millionaire last night. I can totally see how it won best picture. It was tough to watch - hard to watch that sort of poverty and know that it is, indeed, really going on in the world. That said, though, I think it's a great movie and well worth seeing.

1 comment:

  1. Okay, you're like the 50th person to recommend Slumdog Millionaire to me, so I'm finally succumbing to peer pressure and adding it to my Netflix list! Oh, and did you know you can get awards for blogging? Since you're my most creative friend (seriously, I bow before your amazing cricut skills!), I left you a little something over at my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete

 

Desenvolvido por EMPORIUM DIGITAL