3.12.2009

Yuckies

Bean has a sinus infection and strep throat. Lucky for him, one antibiotic treats them both. Hopefully, we see a marked improvement in his cough soon. I like this diagnosis a lot more than "sinuses" or "allergies." Thank goodness for a different doctor!

Moose has been running a slight fever since last night, about 101. He's had snots for days. Last night he had some projectile vomit, but I think that was a combination of the fever and overeating (he nurses to sooth himself) and gagging on Tylenol. He and I had a terrible night's sleep last night - I think we were up every 30 minutes or so. It was miserable. As soon as I would start to drift off, he would wake up. It was a very tough night. He's napping now with no fuss. We're not able to get him into the doctor today, but I'm hoping between rest and nursing that he'll work it out himself.

Right now I'm not planning on making our trip to Indiana. The drive was going to be hard enough with just me and two healthy kids. But now it's just me, two sick kids, and me operating on a terrible night's sleep. I also have a headache, and I only get headaches when I'm on the brink of getting sick. So, I have a feeling that things can still get worse before they get better.

Perhaps tomorrow or Saturday will bring a huge improvement in everyone's health, but if that doesn't happen ... hopefully we can plan another trip sooner rather than later. I had plans with three friends I haven't seen in years - I'm totally bummed to cancel on them. Part of choosing motherhood, though, is putting your family first.

Well, I am tired.

1 comment:

  1. I hope your son feels better soon.

    And thanks for reading my blog. I've been meaning to come over and check out your blog for awhile, but I've been negligent in that area.

    ReplyDelete

 

Desenvolvido por EMPORIUM DIGITAL