Dear Bean,
Today you turn 4. I feel like at 4, all the baby is gone. You're officially a little boy now and are a quarter of the way to driving age ... scary.
You're a busy guy. You're also very loud. You're always into something and moving. You're hardly ever tired. When I tell you to nap or go to bed you say, "No bed, Mama, it's light outside!" and when you wake up too early and I ask you to go back to bed you say, "No bed, Mama, it's time to wake up. It's light outside."
You outgrew naps this year. You started pre-school this year. You started using your imagination. You make up songs.
You also became a big brother. You are a great big brother! You happily fetch diapers, wipes, and spit rags. You talk to Moose and love to make him smile and giggle. I think Moose is very lucky to have you. If I could pick any sibling to have, it would be a big brother. I always thought I'd have a girl first, but when I found out that you were a boy, I was happy I'd be giving my other children a big brother. You have a pretty important spot in our family. Of course, you have no clue of this ... not right now anyway.
You love trains and cars and pirates. Particularly, you love GeoTrax and Thomas, Disney Cars, and dressing and talking like a pirate.
Despite your constant activity, you're still rather cautious. You just started jumping off curbs with both feet in the air. You've yet to have stitches (knock on wood) or even a bad scrape.
You've always loved to play with other kids. You've always wanted to be part of the action. You have taken to pre-school exceptionally well. You're labeled the most laid-back kid in the class (I can't believe it) and are learning so much. You know all your classmates names.
You can spell and write your name. You can recognize all the letters of the alphabet ... if you're in the mood.
You like books and have been on a Dr. Seuss kick lately.
You love TV. It's hard to say what you're favorite show is. You like everything.
You've become a pickier eater. You'd live off peanut butter and jelly circle sandwiches, but every once in a while you surprise me by eating salad or some peas.
You potty-trained this year as well. It took just four days. It was actually a pretty painless experience.
Well, Bean, here's to you turning 4. I am so very proud to be your mom and can't wait to learn more about you this year.
Love,
Mama
3.23.2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
When I was One,
ReplyDeleteI had just begun.
When I was Two,
I was nearly new.
When I was Three
I was hardly me.
When I was Four,
I was not much more.
When I was Five, I was just alive.
But now I am Six, I'm as clever as clever,
So I think I'll be six now for ever and ever.
Love to all - Grand Dad