3.02.2009

A New Post

My mom pointed out that I haven't been posting much. I knew that, but I didn't really notice (does that make sense?). So here's an update:

I recently submitted my resume and an essay for a freelance assistant editor position with a website that I adore. While I'd love the opportunity, I'm sure they have loads of great people applying. It seems they offer this position once a year. If it doesn't work out this time, then maybe next time. I've also been busy crafting, of course. I sent out another swap today (A to Z ground beef recipes, I got U) and have a couple other to work on.

Bean went to the doctor for his smoker's cough. They seem to think it's allergy/sinus related (he can thank my husband for those problems) and is now taking Zyrtec and Singular every morning. The cough is less frequent, but when he does cough it's still gross. It's not keeping him up at night, though, so I guess it's marked improvement.

Husband is ::almost:: done with this nine weeks of classes. He's about two-thirds of the way done with his master's degree now - still lots of work ahead. He also has a new job within his flight which is less stressful, so he's certainly enjoying that. His previous job, while it fulfilled his OCD organization and such, was very demanding and quite time-consuming.

Moose is still smiling. He's eating an array of baby food, and I'm now giving him biter biscuts to keep him occupied in his high chair. He's rolling over (not often, but he can do it) and he sits up quite well - but if his head gets ahead or behind him too much he still topples. He's obsessed with paper - loves to crunch it and eat it. He loves to tap things - toys, his feet, etc. He carries quite a beat.

The boys and I are headed to Indiana soon. I'm curious to see how the trip goes. We made the trip when Moose was about 4 months and both of us were driving, and the drive was less than fun. I hope to get an early start and stop outside the St. Louis area for the first night. If things are going really well, and I can make it to my mom's before 1 or 2 a.m., then I'll go for the whole thing in one day ... we'll see.

My SIL is also turning 18 this month. Husband is sending her gift out today. I hear she has some good presents headed her way this year. Amongst my friends, an 18th birthday always meant a run to the gas station before school to buy cigarettes (whether you smoked or not) and lottery tickets. Oh, good times.

Bean's birthday party is this Saturday! We're up to 10 kids now, and I'll have a final count Wednesday. Tomorrow I'm headed to Michaels to buy the pirate cake mold ... I'm not a cake decorator, so we'll see how this turns out!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Desenvolvido por EMPORIUM DIGITAL