3.28.2009

It's a Wrap!

Well, the open house is over. The planning and the party itself went over pretty smoothly. I only recall a mild stressed out moment once, which is far less than usual. The new items are delicious.

I made up the Asian Zen Noodles for lunch, both Husband and I were surprised at how much it made. There was plenty leftover. I added some chicken to make it more "entree" and less "side dish." It had a great taste to it, and I think we'll be making it again! Yum.

Both grilling sauces, the Samba Sangria and the Smokey Bacon are awesome! I'm not a big BBQ person, but these two sauces are great for grilling. The Samba Sangria has a bit of a fancy sweet and sour flavor, while the Smokey Bacon has, umm, a smokey flavor. Regardless, I couldn't dip nuggets into those guys!

The Pomegranate Blueberry Margarita Mix is obviously tasty!

Oh, and I almost forgot to mention the Strawberry Sundae Chiller. This is usually a drink mix (like the Vanilla Bean Chiller of the past), but I made it up as a fruit dip ... wicked good (as my MIL might say). Husband loved it! My neighbor was sloshing it on top of fruit, pound cake, you name it! Best of all, you get about 16 cups of dip out of the canister, which is a real value.

If you like toffee, then you'll love the For the Love of Cookies! Mix. They're a traditional chocolate chip cookie played up with toffee. I'm not a toffee person, so they don't really rank high for me, but still good. Also, Tastefully Simple donates $1 to hunger relief for every box we consultants sell. Since February 16, Tastefully Simple has donated more than $32,000! Crazy, huh?

It was nice to get those house cleaned up and pull out all my hostess stops. We caught up with neighbors and friends. I even had a couple "random" people swing by, and they really enjoyed themselves and the products and hope to host a party soon and possibly do a fundraiser (one of them works for the organization, the other is on the board of directors).

So, I think it was a success! The party is open for a week, so please feel free to order through your email invitation. If you didn't get one, but would like one, let me know!

=====

Moose is clapping like crazy nowadays. If you belt out "Patty Cake" he really goes to town. It's cute stuff.

Right now, we're watching the boys from House of Toys. They played through most of the open house and then played outside for a bit ... until they decided to do more hitting than playing. So, they came inside for dinner and a movie and some popcorn. Bean and the boys have been together all day (he spent the late morning and afternoon over there while I got the open house together), but they're still getting along pretty well (aside from all the hitting).

2 comments:

  1. Okay, just reading this post is making me hungry...and making me wish (if only for a moment) that I lived in Texas! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How is the chocolate ball thing? Everytime I see it, I just want to dig in!

    ReplyDelete

 

Desenvolvido por EMPORIUM DIGITAL