The kids and returned from Indiana on Sunday. Since then, for the most part, I feel like I've been walking with a bunch of fog in my head. I'm not sure what it really is, but I just don't feel like I'm all here. Perhaps I should unpack the suitcase. That would at least be a step in the right direction, no?
Yesterday, Moose finally popped a tooth (the lower left). It was really bugging him yesterday evening. He moaned on my chest for about an hour (and he never moans on my chest). Overall, though, he's still eating and is pretty happy. Every once in a while he seems bothered, but it's really nothing remarkable. That kid just rolls with the punches. He also claps now. I don't think it's like on purpose. He's not breaking into applause because his mommy is so great or his brother is so entertaining, but he does clap and often has a nice rhythm going. Cute.
I am stroller-less. The travel system has new owners. Car seats expire every five years, so even if we do have another one, the travel system would be outdated for him/her (probably him). We tested out a friend's stroller today. It was cute and had some nice features, but Moose already seems to meet its maximum height allowance (not that there is such a thing, but his feet touch the bottom, so that's what I'm calling it). I have more of an idea on what to look for now and what I want, but I'm still stroller-less for now. I just can't decide.
Oh, and I had a chance to talk to Bean's teacher the other morning. She said he's been much more verbal since coming back from Spring Break. She said that she asked him about his birthday and he said that he had cake and ice cream (neither of which is true, we had a big cookie on his actual birthday).
Teacher: "So, Bean, did you get any presents for your birthday?"
Bean: "Barack Obama."
Guess he thought she said "president." When confronted on this later he said, "Barack Obama lives in the White House."
She also said that Bean has an excellent memory. They made a "Foot Book" in class, where there are pictures of everyone's shoes. She said after one read-through Bean had the whole book memorized. He was the only one who knew whose feet were whose. Interesting.
In other news, a dear friend of the family passed away in her sleep at 94. The kids and I visited her last week, and I know she was tired. I also know that she and my grandma are somewhere rocking on a porch swing watching my babies grow.
3.26.2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment