3.06.2009

Cake Decorating

Hmm ...

I have a cake to decorate. It's one of those fancy Wilton pans. I bought enough stuff to make up to four cakes - in case I mess up multiple times. I'm really putting this off. I just have a bad feeling. I tried to bribe my neighbor to decorate it. She said she doesn't want the responsibility. She and another mom coming are both cake decorators ... so how did I get stuck doing this?

The balloons are ordered. They had a BIG pirate ship balloon, and I got some gold and black ones to make the bouquet. Bean is very excited.

=====

Moose has a stuffy nose. He had a rough time sleeping last night (so, so did I) and is napping now. Actually, I hear him moaning right now.

We spent the morning watching the boys from House of Toys. We played outside - bikes, balls, chalk. It worked out well, so I actually got laundry dried and folded. Overall, everyone played nicely together. It made the morning pass by quickly.

=====

Something I've forgotten to mention: Husband and I have up soda/pop and fast food for "Lent." Neither of our religious beliefs actually require acknowledging Lent, but we thought it would be a good challenge anyway. Husband has slipped on the soda a couple times - not on purpose, he's notoriously forgetful. I've come close to slipping on the fast food (on purpose), but I've resisted (reminding myself there is soup and frozen pizza at home, if I need something quick). It's actually been much easier than I expected.

1 comment:

  1. I've given up swearing for Lent...it's not working out quite as well as I'd anticipated. I've now resorted to attempting to change my swear words: Fu....dge! SON OF A...Preacher Man! Sh....oot! Bas...s Fishing! It's interesting, in large part because it's far more difficult than it should be for a nice Catholic girl. :)

    Hope the cake decorating is going well!

    ReplyDelete

 

Desenvolvido por EMPORIUM DIGITAL