2.05.2009

So It Begins

This morning I had Bean's clothes laid out on his bed. I went to check on him and he said, "No lizard shirt!" He wanted to wear his shark shirt, which matches a pair of swim trunks. "Well, you're not wearing the shark shirt," I said. I started to pull shirts out of the drawer and suggested his Madagascar shirt. "No," he said. I thought, This is going to take forever! I showed him his animal footprint shirt (that glows in the dark), and he agreed to it. So that didn't take as long as expected ... but I can't say I'm thrilled that he's decided to start caring about his clothes.

Something else I've noticed with Bean lately: He doesn't just say, "Baby's crying." He'll say, "Baby's crying. Baby need a nap." or "Baby's crying. Baby thirsty." or "Woo barking. She's cold." or "Mama coughing. Mama need cough drop." He's showing a great interest in cause and effect. Pretty cool.

In final news this morning, Moose and I had the worst night's sleep since the day he was born. He was up probably more than once an hour. He seems a little congested, but not bad. I don't know what the deal is. This same kid only napped for 30 minutes yesterday. He's got to get some rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Desenvolvido por EMPORIUM DIGITAL