2.04.2009

7 Months

Today marks Moose's SEVENTH month! How did this happen? I don't like it. Someone please make him stop growing. Soon he'll be walking and talking and pulling other what-nots that my older child does. And I just don't quite savor it the same way. I like babies. Little babies. Helpless, soft babies with big eyes and chubby cheeks and a smile so big it could (and sometimes does) gobble you up.

He beats out little songs with his feet on his high chair or sometimes he'll catch a strap on a grocery cart and tap that against the metal. Perhaps I have a drummer on my hands. I can see that. He's sort of behind-the-scenes kind of guy. It doesn't demand the require the attention of a lead singer or a guitarist. So long as he's not a bassist. Those guys are usually the weirdos.

He's sitting up quite well now - still not flawless, but he's doing pretty good. Starting yesterday, when he's sitting in his boppy, he's started to flop himself over. So, uhh, that's sort of like rolling over.

Moose makes lots of sweet noises. People are always complimenting me on how happy he is, and it's true - I don't recall ever leaving a store or restaurant or anywhere because he started freaking out (not yet anyway).

Toys intrigue him. He's much more interested in them than his big brother - though, Moose doesn't care for the exersaucer as much as Bean did. Bean LOVED the exersaucer - like the swing and bouncy, Moose is OK with the exersaucer, but I certainly can't "abandon" him there for longer than say 10 minutes. He's quite content in his high chair - toss him a toy or two and he'll stay there while you make dinner. He's also head over heels for me, his mom, he squirms to try and reach me (he gets no where), but it's still cute. He also loves the big brother and appreciates all the toys and spit rags and diapers that Bean fetches. He gives big smiles to his dad when he comes home. I'm amazed he's able to lift up those chubby cheeks so often.

Some people say he needs a haircut. I disagree.

As much as I love to watch him grow, I'd still like to pause him ... just for a few more months.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Desenvolvido por EMPORIUM DIGITAL