Baby
I had a baby shower! It was beautiful and fun and other people took pictures, so I don't have any. A lot of the decorations are still up, so I could go around and take a few shots of them ... but that would require moving.
My last doctor's appointment revealed that I'm 2cm dilated and 50-percent effaced. Of course, one CAN walk around like this for a full month before giving birth. I suspect, as does my doctor, that I won't make it to 40 weeks, though. August 25 marks 37 weeks (which is "technically" full-term) and September 1 marks 38 weeks (which more and more OB professionals are considering full-term). So, I'm thinking three more weeks at most. I hope.
I am nauseous and throwing up again. I am even on my meds. Nausea can be an early labor symptom for some women. I don't recall having it before, but pregnancies can be different.
I don't feel or look like I've dropped, but this pregnancy never seemed to restrict my breathing the same way the other two did. Her head is in place. I'm pretty sure the only way to drop is to exit.
We are still building a name. I thought Husband and I reached a compromise, but he was disagreeable about it the next day. So I told him that she gets his last name and she's coming out of my body (except I said vagina), so I'll ultimately just name her what I want. What? I'm going to labor and push and then he's going to tell me NO? I don't think so.
Moose
I enrolled Moose in pre-school today! Five days a week and three hours a day. It's a church-run pre-school (Methodist) but works with the local school district to provide speech therapy for kids who need it. This means it's a one-stop-shop. I won't have to have separate dates, times, and locations for his speech. I think the schooling will also help his speech and social skills. Also, Bean and I need some time away from him to be productive with Bean's schooling. It's hard to let go of Baby Moose, but I really think this is best for the whole family. There is a reason the school still had a spot available and reason they're familiar with speech delays. We discussed his delayed potty-training and they're willing to work with us. Worse case, they'll ask us to keep him home for a week or two (but since it's just a three-hour stretch, they suspect it won't be that big of a deal). They offer extended care (another two hours) and suggested not taking advantage of that till he's full potty-trained. Very reasonable, in my opinion. He starts August 31. I can't believe my sweet baby will be in real school.
He also got a haircut. I'm talkin' you can see his ears and neck!
Bean
We've been doing school for about three weeks now. Moose has been home that last week and a half, and that's been a disaster - he is VERY distracting. All that said, the Language Arts and Math stuff is going very well. I think I'll set up a more formal schedule when Moose starts pre-school.
Once his karate commitment wraps up (September, I think), I think we're going to try swimming. There is a swim school that has an indoor pool and year-round lessons and twice-monthly family open swims. It's a bit pricey (slightly more than karate), but I think learning to swim is a pretty essential skill and worth the investment. We might send Moose too, especially if they can go at the same time (different classes due to different ages, obviously).
Bean's hair is super short, and he loves it.
8.11.2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment