3.23.2011

Bean Turns 6

Dear Bean,

Today marks the big 6. It now takes two hands to tally up your age. I tease you about turning 4 or 2 or 20, and you tell me, "NO! I am 6!" Clearly, there is no age you'd rather be - and I hope it stays that way for a long time. I remember it took FOREVER to become a teenager and FOREVER to turn 16 and FOREVER to turn 18 and FOREVER to turn 21. Not long after that, I had you ... and time seems to pass too quickly (most the time). It doesn't seem that long ago when I was headed home from the hospital with you, and I was in tears. What business did I have with a baby?

It's been a good business. You are learning to read and ride your bike. You have strong opinions of Legos and Star Wars and which Indiana Jones films are your favorites. You have a yellow belt in karate and are the best big brother to Moose. You two having each other is no doubt the best of me. For all the beating up he does on you, you remain very gentle with him (even when I tell you to hit him back).

You started a new school this year - which I think was an adjustment for everyone. You're 6 and going on your fifth address. Sorry, kiddo, it's not my idea. You roll with it, though ... or maybe I complain enough for all of us.

You're tall. SO tall.

AND skinny.

AND a super-picky eater. For some reason, you'll eat sushi, but you won't eat meatloaf or a casserole. It baffles the mind.

The hang-ups and silliness are all a part of the great kid that you're growing up to be. Happy 6th birthday! Here's to another great year :)

Love,
Mama

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Desenvolvido por EMPORIUM DIGITAL