1.11.2011

Not Writing

I haven't been writing lately - not here, not in my journal, not on my other blog (that I started with the intent of being a "public blogger"). A lot of distractions - many very good.

My mom was here for a visit. She got her pink DS. Bean thought it was SO cool that him and his grandma could sit side-by-side and play with their DSs (DSes?). She is a hard lady to shop for, so Husband and I feel pretty proud for getting her something she really likes (and, no doubt, she'll love it on the flight back to snowy, cold Indiana). I am the proud owner of a new camera - a Panasonic Luminix. It's a good step into DSLR photography, but I have a lot to learn.

While she was here, I won $40 at the casino, then lost $100 (so, really, just $60 overall AND I got two FREE buffets ... so it's like even). We visited the Boardwalk and enjoyed ice box pies. She went to church with us where, I think, she was pleasantly surprised at how not-weird it was. She also watched the boys for a good chunk of Saturday while Husband and I looked at houses. We were slated to look at 13, we looked at 10, and we liked three by the end. By Sunday afternoon, we liked only one. We are waiting on some paperwork to get sorted out, then we'll make an offer. The place is 2100 square feet, 4 bedrooms, 2 living areas, has a nice-sized backyard and is within walking distance of where we are now (not the same neighborhood, but pretty close). It also smells like an animal shelter and has been empty for eight months ... so, there's that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Desenvolvido por EMPORIUM DIGITAL