1.31.2011

The Guido House

The house. Note the crooked Realtor sign hidden one side by a tree. Excellent marketing on their Realtor's part. (The house is very close to us and the sign has been that exact way FOR MONTHS.)
Some of the beautiful landscaping that will, no doubt, result in lots of dirty hands and cussing:

For the love of God, why is their landscaping AROUND A STUMP? There is a perfectly good tree in the yard, and no one landscaped around that ...
The backyard. Nothing says classy like the hot tub in the middle of a yard surrounded (mostly) by chain link fence. I don't care if you're The Situation, I don't want to see anyone getting in and out of their backyard hot tub.The master bathroom ... which starts in the master bedroom. We hope to remedy this in the near future.
The master bath closet ... jet tub with steamer and shower doors. As I mentioned, this is the tiniest room ever, why on earth would one need a steamer?
The hall bath. Thank goodness they left that beautiful lighthouse shower curtain. It's a real show stopper.One day, I will buy a home with a nice fireplace. So far, we are 0 for 2, but I think this is slightly better than the old one. The grate (sp?) will be sprayed black ... and something has to be done to that mantel ... not sure what. Guess we'll just spray that black too.

The eat-in kitchen area. I actually love this area. I hate the blue and the border and the light fixture, but the natural light and windows are super. This will likely become a favorite spot in the house.
The kitchen. ::shudder:: I don't know where to start. Even things that are supposed to be "good" in this thing are still horrendous. So, umm, plus ... double ovens and cabinets already painted white and, umm, fridge included?

3 comments:

  1. Cute house! The kitchen doesn't look *that* bad. I mean, it could match the ovens. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right - the kitchen isn't ::that:: bad. Personally, I just don't like black appliances and they went a little overboard with the black counter tops and solid matching back splash. The super-shiny hardware (which appears to be newer) is also mind-boggling. Why go to all the trouble to update and have it be ugly? WHY?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it looks great! I can totally see potential! I know you already have big plans...just think of all the wasted time this past year that you were renting...hope you saved your energy. Let me know when you are ready to paint and we will plan a trip! I didn't even notice the totally black everything. i bet it is a little bit of a contrast. you could always spray the hardware black and go for a retro look:)

    ReplyDelete

 

Desenvolvido por EMPORIUM DIGITAL