1.27.2011

7 Weeks

My first doctor's appointment was great (once the kinks of "we don't have your referral" were worked out). The OBGYN my friend suggested (she used her for the first part of pregnancy before they moved) is awesome. She has four boys herself and offered me the GOOD anti-nausea medicine without me even asking. Oh, a dream. We discussed things like my feelings on c-sections and inductions and doulas and an interest in a drug-free birth, and she was very receptive to everything and said based on my last two healthy deliveries, she sees no reason not to aim for that. She spent a good amount of time with me (she could tell I was a little overwhelmed and feeling awful), which I really needed. It was the end of the day - she could have easily just wrapped things up quickly and sent me on my way. So, the new doc has an A+ in my book (as does her office manager for sorting out the referral mess that the base just sat on).

I saw the baby (but the pic has disappeared - there's not much to see). There is a vast black space (the womb, I guess) and this tiny little white dot. You can see a small flutter for the heart beat.

Since my heart rate report, several people have come forward to say they have first- and second-hand experiences of the heart rate not being true. I read more on the internet and found time and time again that studies have not proven it to be a reliable indicator. While we welcome a third boy, there is something about a girl that would really just reinvigorate all of us. So, we'll wait and see ... about 13 more weeks till we can see ... and that's not that long really.

All fronts on the new house are a go. All the inspections went well, I believe most the money stuff is settled (I don't deal with that part of it). So, it's just closing on February 28th! Then it's new floors and painting and moving. Thankfully, my nausea is under control, so I can be more useful than we originally anticipated ... but I still can't lift heavy things and shouldn't paint unless I invest in a good quality mask. The place also needs a thorough scrubbing. I'd love to pass that job on to someone else.

Husband is very busy with school. He leaves most mornings by 6:30 p.m. and is home anywhere from 4 to 5:30 p.m. He studies for a good portion of the evening/night. He's been doing a great job keeping up with the housework and the kids in between, though. I know he is a little overwhelmed and exhausted, but he's really been a trooper. I try to get in as many thank yous and "I appreciate everything"s as I can. Hopefully, I'm more useful now!

Today is my last day of tutoring! Wahoo! I made it through the entire session! I'll miss the girls, but I am so happy to wrap this job up. It's been a great experience, and I think everyone learned something - math-related or otherwise.

Speaking of school fun, Bean is really disliking school. He seems so unhappy and overwhelmed and even stressed about school. Homework is a chore (seriously, writing ONE sentence is pulling teeth). He never has anything good to say about anything (including the field trip yesterday - what kid doesn't love a field trip). When you press him to talk about school, he ends up crying. He's 5! Maybe there's just too much going on there. I don't know. I do know he's not going back their for first grade. His magnet school testing is February 5. I have a friend at a private Catholic school that is very happy there - they have an open house coming up, so I might take a look then (but there are 24 kids in their kindergarten class - that's more than at the public school, so that makes me leery). The other option is home schooling till a magnet spot opens up or till we find another option we like.

So, in order, moving fun, school decision fun, car-buying fun, baby fun.

1 comment:

  1. BRU is having their great trade in right now through Feb 21st I think. You can easily trade in your old stuff and get new stuff for 3.0.

    ReplyDelete

 

Desenvolvido por EMPORIUM DIGITAL