In good news, my Christmas cards are out. I should say that I only tend to Christmas cards to out-of-people. I don't think of sending them to local friends or neighbors. Weird? I mean, I am capable of sending them but it seems like I'm bombarding them with "LOOK AT MY CUTE CHILDREN AND MY HOLIDAY CHEER." I don't know. Annoying? I don't find people who do this annoying, but I fear I might be if I did so. Paranoid much?
Our frustration with Bean's school continues. The applications are filled out for private school, the budget has been checked for "OK, worse case, can we make this work?" The answer is yes (bye-bye, cable), so now we apply and see if Bean tests in and if they have spots available for both boys, etc.
Made dentist appointments for the boys. Still looking for a dentist myself. The one recommended to me doesn't have appointments till February. Maybe that's OK - clearly she is in demand, but the phone disconnected, and I was too flustered to call back and felt stupid. Exactly. Right there. Paranoid much?
I am still waiting on one gift before I can send out our Christmas package to Husband's family. The sender said he sent it Saturday, so it's not unreasonable that it's still MIA, and I hate to bug him again (he's kind of a big deal - at least this time of year). So, we wait.
Oh, good thing, I found Department 56 collectibles at Goodwill, and they are adorable. Also, bonus, it seems our piano is high enough to escape grabby, grubby hands belonging to my children. My mother-in-law sent us two homes in the past that the boys would not leave alone, so we stopped putting them up (I am missing pieces and Cooper smashed the poor Elmo statute to smithereens). So, good focus, tall pianos and pretty things!
While my car, $1000 later, is in good shape, now husband's car is due for $1500 worth of work. Umm, whose idea is this grown-up business. Boo! We just tell ourselves that the cars are paid for, a little moolah here and there, and it's far better than a car payment. Must remind selves over and over and over.
Points to Louisiana for 3-cents per a kilowatt electricity. We were paying up to 13 cents in Texas. I'm just going to say it, deregulating basic utilities is BAD. Also, gas-powered water heater and central heater ... WAY better. I even turned up the heater a tad - scandal. However, Louisiana, your drivers still sort of suck and you could really use some GOOD Mexican restaurants. So, we'll call it a tie.
I start work on January 4 and am fretting over the NEW job and my current job. I can do both, but I'm worried I'll feel overwhelmed and the kids will be rushed around and confused. Similar to the car fun, I have to tell myself that working both jobs for now will help pay for private school later. The winter break is coming up, and I only have about six sessions with my girls after that and by then it'll be February, so I might as well just stick it out till April. RIGHT?
My cold is approaching two weeks - feeling phenomenally better starting yesterday. Sunday, I started taking three tablets of Vitamin C a day and a B vitamin (which I intend to take everyday, but I forget), topped off with Aleve-D Cold & Sinus. Still a little scratchy in the morning but WAY better.
12.14.2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Ummm, at least you have already sent your Christmas cards out. (we got ours, thank you!!) Sadly, I just ordered mine on Thursday and I hope and pray they get here BEFORE Christmas so I can mail them out. Nothing like waiting until the last minute or anything.
ReplyDeleteI was trying to find some GOOD things in masses of "ugh."
ReplyDelete:)