Oh, so all that fretting?
My tutoring gig will expire late-January to mid-February. There are no children signed up for the next session, so that's that.
The job I was offered? Board members decided last night to eliminate the position due to funding. So, that's done before it started. (As my MIL said, "Talk about putting the cart ahead of the horse.")
Husband starts training on January 14, so that'll be a huge change. I'm used to him being around almost ::too:: much, and now he'll be pretty darn busy for nine months (and unable to take time off). That will be an adjustment - in some ways good, in most ways not.
The last few days, I have been bombarded with red lights. My friend Laura said, "It's a sign from the universe that you need to slow down." I told her I blamed the city's inability to stagger stop lights, but now I'm thinking that she might be on to something. I mean, red lights AND two jobs evaporating? Clearly, something larger is at work here :)
Is the universe saying it's time to refocus as a mother or refocus on my writing? Is it that time? Which? How do I know?
On the plus side, my mom is visiting in January, so Moose and I will have plenty of time with her.
My fingers are crossed that Moose is able to get back into Mother's Day Out come January. Because, seriously, nothing will piss me off more than canceling his MDO, them canceling my job, and me being home ALL THE FLIPPIN' TIME with that crazy child. We NEED some time apart. Otherwise, I will be dumping him off on board members' doorsteps every Monday and Wednesday from 9 till 1. That seems only fair.
Still waiting on the missing gift.
Still no dentist appointment for me, however, the boys' new dentist is bombarding me with emails and texts. On the plus side, they are not calling me and leaving voice mails. I hate voice mails.
Also, searching for a million-dollar blog idea. My husband suggested Angry Blogger. In response, I suggested Reluctant Wife.
12.15.2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment