Another afternoon tutoring kids.
I broke up three separate kids from whipping one kid's behind. He had it coming in every case, but I didn't want to see my kids get in trouble (yes, two of the three were girls). I'm very surprised at how quickly they collected themselves - very proud of them too (and said so).
While standing in line outside the boys room, two of the boys refused to go in while the other kid was in there. One of the boys said how when people make fun of you, they're really just making fun of themselves. For example, "If he say you're stupid, he just calling himself stupid." Fair enough.
Another outtake:
Kid A: "If someone call you gay, they just saying your happy. You happy, ain't ya? So, who cares?"
Me: "I don't think that's how they mean it, though."
Kid A: "You mean like going with a boy?"
Nothing more was said about it - no looks or sounds of disgust from Kid A or the other kid standing in line. I know plenty of adults who couldn't let a conversation like that slide without judgment.
So, that was today's excitement.
Also, Moose went to the doctor yesterday. He has an ear infection and viral croup. This same fun started last year, back in October, so at least we made it to December.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment