Wednesday night, a person told me that my life was like a Hallmark card. I wanted to break into hysteric laughter, but instead I said thank you (and possibly rolled my eyes). All in all, if you put things into a list of what my life is compared to what it could be, it is pretty good. I wouldn't say Hallmark card, I'd probably say Endless To-Do List. Maybe entitle it Life Interrupted. Seriously, though, I have a lot to be thankful for (or "for which to be thankful," if we don't want to end a sentence with "for," but who talks like that?).
It's funny what people see when they don't hold you to same standards you hold yourself to - I usually just see the last-minute meals out of cans and heaps of laundry. Start seeing what's so good, stop worrying about the short-comings. There's no such thing as perfect.
Moose has decided to stop napping. This is not a good thing. Today he is in a rare mood, and he's napping ... I don't care if he stays in his room and wails for two hours. He is tired and grumpy and needs to go to sleep and leave me alone!
Bean is still doing well in school and should be assigned to his "reading group" by the end of the month. I am hoping he gets in with the higher kids, because everything they are doing right now he covered and mastered in pre-school. I really think he's ready to start reading and stop with the "trace your name" and "identify this letter."
The kittens are growing like crazy. I did take the one to get stitched up. They also gave her an antibiotic. She's not gaining weight as fast as her sister (might have a little something to do with her diarrhea), but she's eating/drinking/playing just fine. Her sister (notice the non-use of names) ate a bunch of leftover Fruit Loops the other day and yacked them up. It never stops with those two. They turn EVERYTHING into a toy and enjoying nuzzling up to us at 5 a.m. Oh, my goodness ...
Husband is almost done with the chicken coop. I'm pretty proud of him. I never thought he'd (a) get on board with us getting chickens or (b) actually build a coop from scratch. Way to go, Husband :)
We are also planning just a Husband-and-Me weekend to Wisconsin in November. A friend of ours is getting married, and we're going to splurge and spend the weekend there. I even have a house/baby/pet sitter arranged for the three days. Bliss! We're going to fly up there, rent a car, and just ridiculously enjoy ourselves. Wisconsin in November? Hey, we'll take what we can get!
Lots of reading and writing to do. First, though, LUNCH!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Wisconsin in November does seem a bit crazy, but I'd say Wisconsin in January or February is even crazier!!! Enjoy your "along time" weekend!! I mean, who doesn't enjoy getting to eat their meals with utensils without others throwing their food at you?
ReplyDeleteMy kid has basically given up napping and it is terrible. Terrible. I'm still used to the naps and going without, which makes me grumpy and a three-year-old without a nap? A horror in the evenings.
ReplyDeleteI think I'd have to handcuff my husband to convince him to take a vacation with just me.