Dear Shreveport Michaels,
I am sick of your store being in disarray. Your aisles are always cluttered, your employees are constantly blocking aisles while stocking shelves, your selection pretty much sucks, and I can count on one hand how many employees have said, "Good afternoon!" or "Can I help you find anything?" (and I'm in there probably five times a month, so that's a piss-poor track record).
Today, though, I am done with you. On previous visits to your store and Michaels across the country (see: Texas, Indiana, and California), I have been able to use multiple "different" coupons. I can't use eight "40-percent off one regular-priced item," but I can use one of those along with a "40-percent off Martha item" and "20-percent off all regular-priced purchase." Today, though, I was told, "No, corporate changed the coupon policy. It's ONE coupon per a customer per a day." She checked with the manager who reiterated the same statement. I told her I know it's not her fault, but the store was bullshit, and I wasn't going there anymore. She tried to hand me back my coupons and I said, "No. I am NEVER COMING HERE AGAIN."
I cannot find a "corporate coupon policy" on the store's website. They say to reference the coupon. The coupons do state "one coupon per a customer per a day," which they always have. BUT THE COUPONS ARE DIFFERENT. I AM NOT USING THE SAME COUPON IN THE SAME DAY. I'm glad it's convenient for you, the local store, to define that as you see fit. Multiple, multiple times I have seen people use the same coupon and just do one transaction after another ... but I was told they would no longer do that either. ONE COUPON. ONLY.
Don't release coupons if you don't want people to use them. I hate using something completely legit and being treated like I am trying to "get away with something." They're your flipping coupons, you cheap bastards. I know how to read too. You lost a good customer. I hope you get your act together so I can once again enjoy your store, but for now I am so done with you.
Sincerely,
MelissaInk Designs, avid crafter and former Michaels customer
9.19.2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
That's frustrating! I've never been an avid Michael's shopper, I prefer Hobby Lobby myself. They always seem to have sales and not the usual "10% off" bullshit sale like other stores.
ReplyDeleteThe Michaels by our old home was actually quite nice - clean aisles and friendly employees. Hobby Lobby drove me nutso there, so I stopped going. Here, though, Hobby Lobby is winning the race for my business (though, I don't LOVE that store either, but it's better than the one our old town and certain better than the Michaels here).
ReplyDeleteFor now, though, I'm just going to work with what I have till I'm desperate. I am sick of supporting places with shotty customer service. If you're not going to appreciate my business, then I'm just not going to give it to you!
I emailed Michaels' corporate office with my post. No response yet ...
Next time tell us how you really feel! Don't hold back!! :)
ReplyDeleteMaybe you should start your own craft store and show them how customer service makes the business.
Love and hugs!!
Aunt Rose
I'm not a fan of Michael's--they lure you in with coupons and half the time there's an issue with them. I much prefer Hobby Lobby as they just run straight sales AND you can go online on Monday, print out any available coupons and check the sales flyer to even see if it's worth it to go to the store.
ReplyDelete