6.19.2010

Oh, June

June has always been a busy month in my family. It kicks off with my birthday and is followed by several more family members and friends. My grandpa is 72 today! Happy Birthday!

Tomorrow is Father's Day. My husband is has procured a grill out of the deal. My in-laws and I originally went in on a nice, fancy grill together, but it arrived in a busted box with damaged and missing pieces. (Way to go UPS!) It was picked up and hopefully they are refunded quickly. I've returned things with Amazon before and been shocked at how easy it was. I took the boys to Lowes and talked to the guy in the grill department for quite a bit. They had a great model with features similar to the one my in-laws and I picked out, and it was marked down AND assembled AND the only one left. I also got the 10 percent military discount. Sweet. The boys also made him a gift and my in-laws sent a little some for the new grill.

Today we went to several rummage sales and came home with the following: (1) pair of boys Crocs, (2) bungee cords, (1) three-wheeled scooter, (4) books, (7) glasses that my husband liked (I liked them too, but he had to have them) and (1) parakeet with big cage and food. This all fit in the Elantra, along with the stroller I forgot to take out and all four humans. We looked hilarious. Bean renamed the parakeet Luigi (formerly Dodo), because he's green. They kept him on their patio day and night, so he's hanging out there for now - less mess inside (at least till the winter).

We may need to have a rummage sale ourselves soon. I was hoping to wait till next year, but we're just making a huge pile in the living room with no where to put it (no garage, no huge closets). You know, so it made perfect sense for us to buy MORE stuff today. The cycle never stops.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Desenvolvido por EMPORIUM DIGITAL