6.24.2010

My Intention

For about a month now, I've been attending a writers group at my church. At the end of each meeting (most of the time), we set an intention for the week. In the past, my intentions have been to write every day for the week, write fiction every day for a week, etc. This week, however, I was stupid enough to say that I intended to start Julia Cameron's The Artist Way and do morning pages every day. For morning pages, you write three pages first thing in the morning - even if you're just complaining about being tired. My youngest, Moose, gets up at 6 a.m., so I thought I'd get up at 5 a.m. and leisurely write my three pages and get ready for the day before he got up. Of course, he got up at 2:30 a.m. screaming, and it took me 20 minutes of snuggling and back rubbing to get him back to sleep. When the alarm went off at 5 a.m., I told my husband to turn it off.

I got up at 7:30 and hid out in the bathroom writing my pages. My husband wondered why I was in the bathroom for an hour - I'm usually low maintenance in the "get ready" department. I got my morning pages done, though, and I feel accomplished :) One day down, six to go.

The Artist's Way is actually a 12-week commitment, but I'm going in one step at a time. If I manage to get through this week, then I will set my intention to do it again next week and so on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Desenvolvido por EMPORIUM DIGITAL