6.29.2010

Murphy, Cut People Some Slack

Husband's tumor was cancerous, but the cancer hadn't spread. The oncologist didn't think it was necessary to do preventative radiation or chemo, and my husband was happy with that news. The least invasive, the least issue with this career. (Also, the babies, the hypothetical third baby that he is obsessed with me carrying.) However, they did decide to wash him back - at least one class. He's on casual status till further notice and will eventually have his file go before a Medical Evaluation Board (MEB) before he is cleared. Everything should work out fine, but there's a lot of red tape to get through before anything happens. That's the military - rush in and wait forever.

My mom is once again having fun with kidney stones and a kidney infection. Horrible, horrible. We planned on heading up there mid-July, but now I want to bump it up, but then one has to wonder how helpful a person can be with two small children. I certainly wouldn't want two kids bouncing around my house when I feel like dying. Also, Moose's birthday is in between there and is it fair to be away from home and away from his dad for his birthday? He's turning all of two, so I don't think he cares ... but it wouldn't be my life without the overwhelming Mommy Guilt.

Remember House of Boys? Well, the oldest boy, B, had a terrible jet ski accident. He was airlifted from Middle-of-Nowhere, Montana to Denver Children's Hospital. He's in ICU. He is responsive and they are hoping to move him out of ICU and remove his neck brace. His dad, who is serving in Korea, is on a flight back to the States. Oh, and it's the poor kid's 9th birthday today! It sounds like things are going well, though, so thank God for that. B is an awesome kid (and I mean that - I'm not generally a big fan of other people's kids.) Poor Mrs. House of Boys - a husband that's been gone for a year, three boys, one in the ICU. She's gotta be worn thin.

The stupid bird flew away.

Moose went to speech testing today, and they want him to come in TWO OR THREE TIMES A WEEK. Personally, I think his speech delays are less severe than Bean's ... and Bean only got therapy once a week for a month and then every other week. I am thankful that they care and are taking it seriously, but two or three times a week seems like a little much. He is saying the following nowadays (compared to Bean's FOUR flipping words at two years old):

I don't know.
Ready, set, go.
This one.
Ball.
Mommy.
No.
Shoe.
Meow.
More.
Please.
Thank you.
Hi.
Bye.
Night-night.
There it is.
I do.
Uh-huh. (That's like "yes")

He's fine. Two or three times a week? Egads.

Husband and I were hoping to sneak off for a mini-vacation and leave the kids with my mom, but obviously that's out of the running now. If that's the only thing we're having to sacrifice, then I guess we're doing all right and shouldn't complain.

2 comments:

  1. What stupid bird?
    rose

    ReplyDelete
  2. GAWD. Please give me a moment to just complain about the crazy military. They are SO completely nutty. Hey, I guess as long as they keep paying him then really, it's fine.

    That thing about the alligators kind of cracks me up. I mean, unless you are in an area that's known for gators, tubing is a perfectly fun activity and I am SO a person who avoids nature at all costs.

    I am pretty interested in the Artist's Way thing. I've done some pages after reading Writing Down the Bone. Have you read it? It makes my writing better FOR SURE, but I am so lazy that I often don't do what I need to with that.

    ReplyDelete

 

Desenvolvido por EMPORIUM DIGITAL