6.15.2010

Good News

Husband's CT was clear. For all purposes, he's cancer-free. The doctor is running some blood work to double check some things, and Husband will need to have CT scans every 6 months forever, but I think we'll get to keep him :) He may do precautionary radiation, but he also has the option of doing nothing except the CT scans. We'll see what the doctor suggests.

If he has radiation that means no more babies. Well, no more babies in the traditional way. Honestly, I feel like we have two happy and healthy children. It's not necessary to bank his, umm, boys (or girls, maybe) before treatment. As far as I'm concerned, let's just adopt a little girl - IF we want more. Then we know it's a girl and there's no turkey baster (or morning sickness or fat-ass-ness) involved. It's not the most important thing in the world, but it's something on our minds.

Husband jumps into training tomorrow. He'll speak to his commander about what is going on, and I'm guessing that they'll push him through training unless the Flight Doc steps in and says no. Of course, the Flight Doc wasn't available to talk to him today. No surprise. He still has multiple doctor's appointments over the next few weeks and isn't fully recovered from surgery. It clearly makes more sense to wash him back a class and keep him on casual duty while he wraps this cancer thing up. But, no one cares what I think. I'm used to that.

I am going to make Amish Monster Cookies for the journaling group tomorrow.

I am still on the lookout for washing soda, because I want to make a batch of laundry detergent - I have been to two Walmarts and the commissary and cannot find the stuff. I thought it'd be hard to track down the essential oil, but that was EASY (call crazy hippie store and ask if they have them and they do, they have all sorts of essential oils for reasonable prices, Bean decided on orange essential oil this time around - I kind of liked the lime, but I thought orange was a safer bet for my first batch). Husband thinks I am a lunatic. "Making your own laundry soap isn't even something that's ever dawned on me that could be done," he said. I told him I had SEVERAL friends who make their own and the DUGGARS make their own. I quickly realized that mentioning the Duggars was not making the idea appear NORMAL and shut up. I did buy a pretty blue 5-gallon bucket for the detergent, though. Hopefully my husband doesn't get a hold of this one (all my other buckets are lined with GROUT).

Boys are good. Bean is scrapped up on his arms and legs ... all from, umm, like walking. Moose is also pretty banged up and has a pretty rash on his face and buttocks. He pooped SIX times today. Big, full diapers - not like I caught him mid-poop and he had to finish. So, so gross. We tried out a new park today and checked out the campground my in-laws will stay at later this summer. Verdict: Not Ghetto.

We also visited the farmer's market downtown. Wow, Tuesday is nothing like Saturday. Not even half the booths were set up. It was pathetic. It was also super-hot and there was some lady singing who sounded like a dying cat. Much, much different vibe Saturday mornings. Verdict: No Tuesday Nights at the Farmer's Market.

I can't believe it's not even 7 p.m. Bedtime cannot come soon enough!

2 comments:

  1. So glad it's clear!

    I looked up the Amish cookies... oh my gosh, those are a sin!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've thought about making my own laundry detergent--I mean, the stuff is expensive! Who knew you could just make it yourself.

    Glad hubby's CT was clear--I hear ya on the nobody cares what I think front.

    ReplyDelete

 

Desenvolvido por EMPORIUM DIGITAL