Starting on Sunday, May 9, my children decided to start getting up at 6:30 a.m. I tell them, no, it's too early and to go back to bed. What is so wrong with 7 a.m.? Just give me a half hour. They don't go back to bed, but Bean does return to his room and plays till I go get him. Moose paces in his crib and squawks a lot.
Last night was my last M&Ms meeting. We had a catered meal, and I got a present. I love presents! Our mentor mom gave a little talk about mothers and all the roles we play. It was a great meeting, filled with us "old" moms and few new visitors. That group saved my sanity on so many occasions - it's where I met many of my closest friends.
I have been saving for an SLR camera. I have a good chunk saved now (after many, many trips to the consignment shop and some eBay sales) and have started researching. My goodness, you can drop a lot of money on cameras. I started to think it might make more sense to use that money towards a new vehicle and just continue using my blue Sony Cypershot (which I am very fond of - I mean, it is blue, and we know how I feel about things that are a cute color).
Anyways, I am leaning towards the Nikon 5000 for now and investing in a lens or two and a photography class. If I end up LOVING photography, then I can upgrade my camera body later and still be able to use the lenses on the new body. So much to learn.
We head to our new place this weekend but will return. The movers will be here next week (exact date still unknown).
Also, my aunt's breast cancer is confined and has not spread. That is great news.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment