OK, so we close May 28!
We have fliers up at Husband's work, at the base consignment shop, and my Realtor is emailing it out to her associates - so, hopefully, our appliances will sell shortly. Our new rental comes with appliances, and I just hate to store ours for a year or so and risk an infestation of mice (or, umm, rats) or have the seals compromised because of the heat and humidity. Seriously, that humidity in Shreveport is like nothing I've ever experienced - I have no doubt that it can do serious damage. And, well, damaged appliances won't do us any good in terms of use or money.
I found the survey of our property - saving us $300 or so off closing costs (which we are paying for). Thank goodness. My husband had filed it away and my husband (whom I love dearly) cannot "look" for things to save his life. I cannot even recall all the episodes we've had over this little problem he has. I decided to go through every piece of paperwork he had filed away and found all our title paperwork in a legal-size folder underneath the files. I could have shot him (him, whom I love dearly).
BUT everyone is alive and well.
Things with the home are falling into place, all the May holidays are covered, we will be back for Bean's last two days of school, to sign all the closing paperwork (Husband is giving me POA ... wha ha ha ha), and attend the House of Toys' Boys birthday party. House of Toys is also hosting us once all our stuff is packed and gone - so a big thank you to them.
Now, anyone want to babysit this Saturday, so I can craft with friends? Am getting desperate.
5.05.2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I saw somewhere that men are genetically less adept and finding things. Must be true because my husband can't find stuff when I tell him exactly where they are.
ReplyDeleteYou think the humidity is bad in Shreveport? Take a trip down in NOLA. It's like a whole other planet.
Oh, I have NO DOUBT that it gets worth the further south you go. I was just amazed at the difference between here and Shreveport - I mean, the car windows and hotel windows were coated with water in the morning. It was unreal. I will probably make it out to NOLA sometime this year - I have a friend that can't wait to visit, so we can get out there. We'll have to meet up!
ReplyDelete