3.26.2010

Stressful Things

People tell you about stressful things - moving, marriage, babies, job losses, etc. Husband and I have done those things. No joke, we thought having a baby, planning a wedding, and moving across the country was a great idea and decided to do it all in about eight months. We survived. Barely.

I suspect selling your home falls into the moving category of things, but it's a whole new level of moving. In a rental, you just back up your stuff, clean the place a bit, and move. There's no pressure of "how long can we pay a mortgage and rent a place?" or "must keep house straight despite my natural messy methods and destruction of two small children."

I constantly hum to myself that I will not agree to buy another house anytime soon - and not because I hate owning a home. No, I don't want to go through having to sell another home. It reminds me a lot of the first 18 weeks of pregnancy. It just seems to drag on and on and takes over everything (though, it's tidying and packing instead of, umm, puking).

10 Things I'm Enjoying (a.k.a. Distractions from House Selling)

1. Searching for things in Shreveport. There are TWO Michaels and a Barnes and Noble and a Borders. There are also Farmer's Markets and organic vegetable co-ops and a Unitarian Church. Almost every time I search for something in the Shreveport-Bossier City area, I find it. Do you know what a joy that is after spending almost five years in this backwards place?

2. Project Runway. This show doesn't get nearly as much attention as it used to, but I think this most recent group of designers is incredibly talented. I love Seth Aaron and Emilio. I'm also rooting for Anthony - "Let me tell you, it is hell growing up gay in the ghetto." He's great.

That's all for now - someone just woke up.

2 comments:

  1. Almost every place will have more stuff than your current location. My requirements for our second station were: more restaurants, a real college. Wasn't that hard.

    I swear this is the last house I'm buying because that whole selling thing IS really stressful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Project Runway. I watch it or DVR it every week.

    I am glad that you are getting excited about your move. I can't believe you have been there 5 years. Wow.

    ReplyDelete

 

Desenvolvido por EMPORIUM DIGITAL