3.05.2010

Crazy Kids

Moose has been unusual lately.  I'm not sure if it's a growth spurt or an illness.  Maybe he's missing Husband or maybe he's just a weirdo.  Maybe it's the Terrible Twos arriving a bit early - which wouldn't surprise me, my oldest son was born into his Terrible Twos.

Moose throws a fit every morning when we have to leave Bean's classroom.  The last two days, I've just dropped Bean off at the front door of his school.  This avoids Moose's screaming in the hallway and the wrestling into the car.

He's taken a real liking to hitting.  In the face.  Particularly my face.  It doesn't hold a candle to his brother's, umm, shenanigans at this age, but it's still embarrassing.  I'm also happy to report that Bean traded in most all his mean shenanigans for just run-of-the-mill boy shenanigans.

Moose napped for three hours yesterday and seems to think that means he doesn't need to nap today.  He is wrong.  I put him in there, he lays down, but then he starts singing.  Then he starts singing and dancing.  You can't fall asleep singing and dancing. (Note that you can pass out from singing and dancing and drinking, but I haven't spiked the child's milk.)

Also, I found a great house in Louisiana.  It's within walking distance of my top-choice public elementary school (and an easy drive to the magnet schools should my children prove brilliant).  It has four bedrooms, an open-concept kitchen-dining-living area, and a bonus room upstairs.  This means there's enough room for a craft room, a dedicated toy (and gaming) room, and both boys could still have their own rooms (which they won't, because they like sharing a room, and I don't see the sense in giving them three rooms to trash).  It's For Sale By Owner and the price seems very reasonable for the size and neighborhood.  I'm not betting the timing will work out, so that's unfortunate.  I do see a lot of nice houses in the area, though, so I'm sure we'll find something when the time is right.

I'm already packing up a lot of stuff - for staging purposes and to get a heads up in case we sell in eight days :)  I've gotten rid of loads of books, but somehow I still have far too many.  I also sorted through loads of memorabilia stuff.  I tossed out some, and I got most the rest worked into nice bins.  In my senior book, one of the questions was what I had pictured for my future family in the next 10 years.  I wrote, "None (maybe a husband)."  I was also supposed to be a magazine writer and living in Seattle, Washington.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, those predictions--I had no clue what I wanted to do or be. Maybe a librarian?

    Glad you're finding stuff in the neighborhood you like--that will definitely make the whole moving thing a little easier.

    ReplyDelete

 

Desenvolvido por EMPORIUM DIGITAL