2.01.2010

Resolution Recap

Remember these pesky things?  Those resolutions that I obsessed over?  Well, seeing as it's a new month, it's a good time to see where I'm at.
  • Totally read all the Harry Potter books.  SUCCESS!  While it wasn't a resolution to read more, always having Harry Potter to look forward to has made me want to read more in general.  I haven't NOT been reading a book since 2010 kicked off.  I'm lovin' it!
  • I have $50 saved towards my SLR camera.  Hey, it's a start.
  • For two weeks, I did my hair and put on some makeup every day (umm, just mascara most days), but then I started to let things slide again.  I am back to looking like a stay-at-home slob.  Must resume valuing my appearance asap.  I've some good days where I walk and get on the Wii, but I did not do so consistently.  I made it to the gym once, where I promptly died.
  • My attempt to limit TV was an epic fail.  I love TV.  Period.  I love all the Bravo reality shows. I love Modern Family.  I love lots of bad TV.  Can you say Jersey Shore?  Oh, yeah, I went there and loved it.  I have been watching less TV in bed, though, and that's a good thing.  I'm letting the TV things lide for now.
  • I sat down one night and reviewed some of my old writing.  Again, I'd call that an epic fail.
  • Have not entered any writing contests to date but have researched a few contest and even noted the deadline for one in my planner.
  • Pantry Challenge 2010 was a great success.  $340 saved ... which was promptly spent of Bean's new glasses and our Kohl's bill (that covered Christmas).  We may not be ahead, but even is nice!  SUCCESS!
  • Bucket list was started and, thanks to my stained glass class, I am about to cross one item off on it!  (The instructor had an allergic reaction to some medicine.  Our final class was supposed to be this past Saturday, but it's rescheduled for this coming Saturday now.)  SUCCESS!
  • I haven't been updating my other two blogs three times a week, but they have been updated more regularly than previously.  I've scheduled some posts for the future, and that's a handy feature.  I'm building up to it and am, to date, happy with the progress.
  • No scrapbook retreats just yet.
  • Haven't made a dime blogging just yet.
Overall, I see more success on there then I was expecting.  When I sat down to write this, the only thing I could think of off the top of my head was the Harry Potter books.  So, it was like two little surprises.  That's encouraging. 

The "valuing myself" category is the hardest.  I joined Weight Watchers today.  WW does have my weight listed as healthy, but it's certainly at the end of the spectrum.  I just want to be comfortable in my body, and I'm not right now.  I've been trying to do it on my own, and I haven't been succeeding.  I've never attempted to lose weight before, so a little guidance might be a good thing, you know?  I've already learned that our weekend doughnut habit is 6 points per a doughnut!  Goodness, I don't even like doughnuts all that much.  So, doughnuts are out.

So, let's see what another brings!

2 comments:

  1. I have done WW in the past and loved it. My greatest tip that made it easier for me was to plan out my dinners for the entire week. Then head to the store and get whatever you need for those meals. Then I could plan out my eating for the rest of the day based on what I needed to have left for dinner. Does that make sense?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm just trying to get out of the "fat" category. I don't have any big plan,though, I just try to "eat less," which seems to be working. I'll probably add it all back on at Blissdom!

    ReplyDelete

 

Desenvolvido por EMPORIUM DIGITAL