2.18.2010

The Long Drive and Here Comes the Realtor

Last weekend, we made a trip to Colorado to visit my husband's grandmother and my mother-in-law (she was there visiting). It was cold, but it was still beautiful. I'll take Colorado in July or February. Who knew ... I like mountains!

There wasn't as much snow up there as I was expecting, but Great-Grandma did have some in her backyard that had been there since Christmas. It was ice and made wicked-mean snowballs. Not so good for snowmen or snow angels, but Husband and Bean scooped some up and made homemade snow cones (minus the cone part).

The boys are now proud owners of snow pants - they're on the big side so, hopefully, if we get snow next winter they'll be prepared!

The kids enjoyed seeing their grandma and great-grandma. I don't think Great-Grandma has had such a wild weekend since the last time Bean visited in 2007. Bean was in a roaring and hitting stage then and she couldn't even get close to him. This time, though, he hugged her and liked her quite a lot. Moose was also sweet as could be and both grandmas loved seeing him pitter-pat all over the house.

It takes 12 hours to get up there and, obviously, 12 hours to get back. We were actually there for about 36 hours. So, it was a lot of traveling, but everyone handled it well (well, well enough). We bought a Garmin Nuvi before leaving and that little thing is great. Most the areas we traveled were pretty desolate, so it was nice to plug in the location and see how far away a restroom or gas station or food was. When you're traveling with children, seeing that it's 90 miles to the next restaurant is torture. Luckily, I had granola bars and fish crackers to tide them over.

Husband left for Red Flag, which, if I understand correctly, is sort of like a big gathering of Air Force stuff and, umm, maybe, they're like playing war games or something. I'm not really sure. Anyway, we didn't have a lot of time between driving on Monday and his departure on Wednesday.

I'm interviewing a realtor in early March. I have a huge list of things I want to accomplish before she looks at the house. I'll never get them all done - not with the regular house and the children insisting on the whole attention/parenting thing. I did get the mailbox painted (well, I still need to do the actual mailbox, but all the brick is painted), fixed the bathroom door, scrubbed the sunroom (it was gross), bathed the dog (she was grosser), and caulked some areas in the kitchen and master bath. So, those are all good things.

Now, there is taco soup waiting for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Desenvolvido por EMPORIUM DIGITAL