2.03.2010

Hearing Genius and Finger Dependency

Moose went to the audiologist the other day to see if they could find an explanation for his not walking or talking (since, you know, being a huge kid and genetically related to slow walkers and talkers was not a good enough reason for the doctor). The audiologist concluded that Moose is a hearing genius! He heard EVERYTHING - even the very, very soft sounds that she didn't really expect him to hear. Hearing genius, I tell you.

He is walking nowadays, so long as he has a finger to hold on to. Once you remove the finger, he promptly gets on his knees to walk the rest of the way.

Moose, who is notorious for being a cry baby at church nurseries, survived last Wednesday night quite happily. It's the first time a worker has told me, "Oh, he was good!" This morning, he wailed when I left and wailed when he saw me, but the worker said he was really good and social while I was gone. It's taken a year, but I guess I can finally start to feel less guilty when I drop him off there.

1 comment:

  1. Moose likes his mommy--nothing wrong with that. AND he's a hearing genius. What more could want in a boy?

    ReplyDelete

 

Desenvolvido por EMPORIUM DIGITAL