12.29.2009

A Pile of Christmas Cards

Yesterday was the first day we've had mail delivery since Dec. 23. There was quite a few Christmas cards waiting in there for us. Fun!

My in-laws had a great letter (even complimenting my craft and party skills) and we had several friends posing in front of their jets. There were baby announcements and family pictures. I also received a card and note from an old friend's mom. I haven't talked to my friend in years (not sure what happened, but things like that happen sometimes), but I learned that she's engaged and almost done with her master's degree. It's all the things I love about Christmas cards - great pictures and updates (and pretty, shiny cards, of course). Snail mail is wonderful. We should do more of that.

=====

Moose has a bad cough. Husband is taking him to the doctor in a little bit just to make sure everything is clear. I think he's fine, but if my husband wants to take him and can get an appointment, then why argue?

=====

I was checking out housing in our area online and was totally bummed to see two houses with the same square footage (and newer and on the end of a cul-de-sac) for sale at a lower price than ours was listed for when we bought it (we didn't pay the listing price, but we didn't pay ::that:: much less). It was so discouraging to see, especially after we've put so much time and money into our master bath recently. You never know, though, maybe prices will pick up in the spring and maybe someone will value our corner lot within walking distance of the school over a slightly newer home on a quieter street (hey, one can hope).

=====

More snow is expected today. So far nothing. Bean and I hit the grocery store this morning, though, just in case. We needed milk and eggs. I think the pantry challenge starts today.

2 comments:

  1. Yuck on the real estate thing. It's such a crap shoot. When we sold our house in Arkansas, the house across the street was definitely a better deal, but they didn't keep it up AT ALL. Ours was super-clean and tidy and I think that's why they picked ours. Even our real estate agent thought they made the wrong decision, but she's not one to complain about making a commission.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We certainly plan to "stage" things, so hopefully that helps. It's all about a buyer's priorities, I guess. The selling points when we bought the house: laminate floors throughout common areas, three BIG walk-in closets, a large shower in the master (most all the houses we looked at had tiny showers, and my husband is a tall guy), side-entry garage, walking distance from the school and a park, and the house was updated but still had some of it's 1970s charm. Hopefully those are things that someone else will value as well.

    ReplyDelete

 

Desenvolvido por EMPORIUM DIGITAL