12.28.2009

For Today

FOR TODAY (borrowed from Farming on Faith)

Outside my window ... the snow is refreezing from today's sun. Little remains of the snowman that my husband and kiddo built (and was then knocked down overnight by some asshole kids, no doubt).


I am thinking ... that I need some chocolate soon. The after-Christmas sale at Walmart was great for candy - M&Ms, turtles (pecans, caramel, and chocolate ... oh my), and Reese's peanut butter bells.


I am thankful for ... a husband that is great with our kids and is helpful around the house. Even on his laziest days, he's still way better than most :)


From the kitchen ... the dinner dishes are washing. I have a pile of recipes I need to sort through.

I am wearing ... my favorite PJ pants (from The Gap, I think they're supposed to be workout pants) and my favorite T-shirt from college.

I am creating ... lots of border kits. I signed up for SO many swaps that are due in January (around the 15th). I don't know why I did that - I guess 2010 just looked so far away. It's been fun playing catchup, though :)

I am going ... to finalize my New Years resolutions soon.


I am reading ... A Long Stone's Throw by Alphie McCourt. He's no where near the storyteller his brother was (the late Frank McCourt). I'm almost done.


I am hoping ... to declutter all the "hot spots" in my house my April 1. (I also hope that the stuff I give away is enjoyed the stuff I sell brings me and my family some moolah.)


I am hearing ... Tatiana from The Property Shop. She's fabulous. She's Canadian and she's fiesty and successful. It's a wonderful combination.


Around the house ... things are quiet. The kiddos are in bed and Husband is off for a poker night.


One of my favorite things ... mashed potatoes. I made so many over the holidays, and I ate most of them (since we were snowed in and unable to share them with all the people I had planned on).


A few plans for the rest of the week: Finalizing my New Year's resolutions and goals, get the bathroom painted, and take a trip to Dallas on Wednesday (I have SIX boxes of books, CDs, and DVDs to take to Half Priced Books).

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Desenvolvido por EMPORIUM DIGITAL