12.23.2009

B52

Yesterday, Husband's assignment was finalized. We're headed to Shreveport, Louisiana where he'll fly the B52.

It's not what we had in mind, but it is what it is. I'm sure the words "service before self" are ringing over and over again in Husband's ear.

It's rare for a guy in his position to get a bomber, but it's becoming increasingly common. It's all based on the needs of the Air Force today - not what you wanted, not what your commander wanted, not what the Air Force would have done a year or two ago.

Oh well.

Shreveport looks like a step up from where we are now. There are quite a few schooling options - some distinguished public schools, lots of religious private schools, and (most exciting) two non-affiliated private schools. I'm excited about the options. I'm so over Texas public schools. Shreveport is about twice as large as the city we currently live in ... so there's bound to be more to do.

It's about 3 hours from Dallas (about the same distance we are now) and about 5 hours to New Orleans and about 6 to San Antonio.

We're excited to be moving on and will probably be moved out there before the end of the year. Things are going to go quickly from here on out.

***By "the end of the year," I'm speaking of 2010! We're hoping to get the house up April 1 - that's what I mean by "things are going to go quickly." Sorry for the fuzziness!

2 comments:

  1. I know a bomber after ENJJPT can be a bit of a let down, but I've known SO MANY people that it's happened to. I also know people who have gotten that fighter and then been switched over to something else further down the road. The needs of The Force ARE changing.

    I can tell you that the food will probably be better although I do get wistful about Los Tres Amigos and Hibiscus from time to time. New Orleans is a blast so you'll defnitely have to go.

    Here's to new possibilities!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great - Granddad and Grandma will be coming out to Mardi Gras in 2011!

    ReplyDelete

 

Desenvolvido por EMPORIUM DIGITAL