School starts Monday.
YEAH!
Bean and I went to Meet the Teacher on Thursday. Once again, he seems to have a very nice and competent teacher. There are four kids in his class from his class last year. Also, our neighbor's (House of Trees) little girl is also in his class - that makes things convenient!
Bean is excited about his new McQueen lunch bag and thermos. I can't believe he'll actually be eating lunch away from me five days a week. Weird.
We had the boys from House of Boys here for four days this week. They're good kids, but I'm glad that gig is up. I am flipping exhausted. We went to the playground twice, to the waterpark, and made several trips for Sonic's half-priced slushies. Yum.
Moose is continuing to grow, much to my dismay. He's crawling faster than ever and seems steadier and steadier when he pulls up - we might have a walker by 15 months again. I could do without that.
Moose is also excellent at steering. After watching four boys play many hours of Mario Kart, Moose is well aware of how the steering wheel works. Cute stuff.
Husband's job continues to be very demanding. I don't even know where the week goes, and he's probably wondering the same thing.
Hosted another craft night last night. There were only three of us, so we had ample room to spread our stuff and also ate lots of cookies :) Good times.
We went to lunch today and stopped by the pet store and a music shop. Not to worry, we didn't buy anything. We are looking for a piano, though. Every few days a few more pop up on Craigslist, so I think something will work out soon. Oh, we did buy something, we stopped by the Farmer's Market downtown and bought two delicious cantaloupes, some onions and potatoes, and a peach and a tomato. You know, I always read about what a great deal the Farmer's Market is, but I easily spent TWICE as much there as I would have at the commissary. What's with that? Should I have haggled? I love the idea of eating local and supporting small farmers, but DOUBLE the price doesn't make it a very economical choice. Just a thought.
8.22.2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment