8.25.2009

Day Two

I interrogated asked Bean about his day yesterday. He reported that he had rest time and played outside. He mentioned a few friends' names. He also said that his fruit "fell on the ground." I noticed I only got the lid back on the fruit container, so I'm guessing it slide under the table and he didn't think to get it. Also, he forgot that his water was in the bottom on his bag, so he had nothing to drink. Geez.

Today, I made him watch while I put a Capri Sun in the bottom of his bag. Somehow, I think he'll remember today :) A couple days of Capri Suns to spark the memory, then he's back to water.

I asked if he liked his teacher ("Miss WOOK-is," as he calls her). He said, "Maybe not sure." I can only imagine that the poor woman was pretty frazzled yesterday - 22 four year olds and only her and an aid. Bean did say he liked Miss Toney, the aid. She does seem super-fun. I'm sure he'll warm up to Mrs. Wookis soon (Its Mrs. Lucas, in case you don't speak Bean).

Moose had two shots yesterday. Not sure if it was the shots, but he actually went to bed at about 8:30 last night and slept till 7. This is the first peaceful night we've had in a couple days. Lately, he will only nap on me and won't sleep till 10 p.m. and often wakes up screaming around 1 or 3 or 5. Yeah, umm, it's been loads of fun.

Yesterday, I also created a "Chore Chart" for Bean. It has a list of things for him to do in the morning (marked with a sun) and a list of things to do after he gets home from school (marked with a home). It has things like Brush Teeth, Make Bed, Eat Dinner, Hang Backpack, etc. All the chores also have pictures next to them. He loves it! Yesterday afternoon, he would walk up to it and "read" it and ask, "What we do next, Mama?" I can only hope this enthusium lasts into his teenage years.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Desenvolvido por EMPORIUM DIGITAL