5.30.2009

We're Done

I never understood how people made hundreds of dollars at garage sales. My neighbor claims to make at least $300 each year. Honestly, I don't think Husband and I have ever cleared $200 ... until today! Combined with House of Toys, we sold more than $500 worth of stuff! Both sides of our driveway were stocked with stuff (and our driveway is about twice the length of most neighborhood driveways) ... and there was little left in the end!

I have a stack to get rid of and several trips to the consignment shop ahead of me, but we have our new lamps AND Bean has his beloved Edward. Yesterday, Bean told me: "No, Rosie, Mama. Rosie is naughty." He settled on Mighty Mac instead. He's quite happy. (My friend, who has a baby girl, was appalled at the price of a small, wooden train. "Why do they cost so much?" she asked. "Because we pay it," I responded.)

We are all exhausted. We started pulling stuff out of the garage at 6:30 and people started showing up right about then. We worked it till 12:15 ... then our driveway was out of shade and the crowd died down. Then it was lunch, Toys R Us, and Lowe's.

Tomorrow is a birthday party at House of Toys. I have an ice cream cake to make ... not real clear how to do it, but I'll figure it out!

*I would also like to announce that I dominated in the lamp competition! Husband and I both brought lamps into our marriage - each rather disgusted by the other. Husband's sold first for $15. It took a few hours, but mine finally sold for $20! Thank goodness ... I never would have lived that down.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Desenvolvido por EMPORIUM DIGITAL